Sunday, May 29, 2016

My Family in Black and White

Families don't have to match and we don't have to look like each other to love each other. Our family is not defined by our genes. It is built and maintained through love.
I would love more people to come sit around my kitchen table and listen to my children talk and laugh and discuss life and sometimes fight. Even when feelings are hurt it is never for long, because we say sorry and forgive each other. I'm not blind to the racism and prejudice in the world. I just choose to focus on all the good people and pity the ignorant and hateful ones. As a matter of fact, send them to my house! Give me one evening, some of my homemade rolls and pomegranate jelly, and Eli's silly faces and belly laughs, even the hardest man in the world couldn't help but walk away feeling changed for the better. 


No comments: