Monday, September 29, 2008

Brooklyn is 7

Here is our sweet Brooky on her 7th Birthday. She has informed us that she is much too mature for anything pink or purple (its too girly) and definitely no princesses. Oh how this mother wished for her to remain a princess loving girly girl forever.
On a happier note I do have 2 younger ones I can still indoctrinate. Brooklyn is no help on the matter though, as she insisted on her room being blue and NOT PINK. (Notice the color of the cake.)
I absolutely love the look on her face when she opened this present! It was exactly what she had been asking for but had little hope of getting because they are pricey...an American Girl doll named Kirsten (purchased on ebay!)
Her and doll Kirsten are now inseparable. Brooklyn and friend Megan play American Girl dolls for hours. Only problem is, now Shekynah and Kate are asking for one also for their birthdays and Christmas........so.... now I scour ebay, again.

3 comments:

juels said...

Thanks for sending the link...I loved seeing the family. Brooklyn IS growing up--I am shocked she has abandoned the princess thing--she was the ultimate one. The kids look great and it is fun to see how much they have grown...love and miss ya--

The Gomes Family said...

I love the American Dolls! I remember reading them. Hello Robyn and Doyle! This is Lisa Decker Gomes! Check out my blog as well.

Anonymous said...

Oh tears! Brooklyn is done with pink. Whatever will I do? It's me Corinne. I love you!