Monday, December 01, 2008

AAHHH Thanksgiving morning

This year marks the first year we have done Thanksgiving all on our own. We did enjoy having Chrisy and Deyja visit from Arizona, although I doubt they will do it again in the winter. Its freezing out here! Doyle is doing his task of peeling potatoes and he did the turkey. We all signed up for what job we would like to do to participate in Thanksgiving dinner.

I chose rolls and pie's, although I did have to supervise many of the other tasks.

Serf went for the challeging role of doing the cranberry sauce (from a can). Funny thing is it took 3 of us to figure out how to get it out of the can.

Deyja was the official table setter. It is a big job being that there was 12 of us and we went extra fancy with the heavy duty paper plates... no flimsy ones for thanksgiving dinner!

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Suchans said...

Happy Thanksgiving Decker’s! Such a delicious meal. Every time I mash potatoes at Joyce’s I think of you guys. When the potatoes come out of the smasher they kind of look like worms. Doyle told me for years that they were and I am pretty sure I believed him. We sure miss you guys. The holidays just are not the same without you all. Love you!